Below you will find information regarding the processing of your personal data in connection with your use of the website available at: www.rapcewicz-legal.pl (the “Website”), as well as the processing of your personal data in other cases. You will also learn from this document how cookies are used on the Website.
I. Who is the controller of your data?
The controller, i.e. the entity that determines the purposes and means of processing your personal data, is Agnieszka Rapcewicz conducting business activities under the name Kancelaria Adwokacka Adwokat Agnieszka Rapcewicz RODOwskaz Legal Consulting, 4/60 Symfonii Street, 02-787 Warsaw, NIP: 9512181110, REGON: 369581146.
Your personal data is processed by me in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”).
II. How can you contact the controller?
In matters concerning the processing of your personal data, you can contact me electronically by writing to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail, writing to the address of the law firm: 248 Narutowicza Street, 05-400 Otwock, or by telephone, calling +48 668 264 604.
III. For what purposes are your personal data processed?
- Data processing in connection with e-mail, written or telephone contact
When you contact me by email, post or telephone, I receive personal data directly from you. I process it in order to respond to your request, which is my legitimate interest under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
You give me your personal data voluntarily in this case, but without it I will not be able to respond to your enquiry.
I will process your personal data provided to me in connection with your enquiry for the period necessary to respond or until you lodge an effective objection to the processing of your personal data.
- Processing of personal data in connection with the provision of legal services
In the event that you wish to make use of my support and we conclude a contract for me to provide legal services to you, then I will process it for the following purposes:
- taking action at your request before entering into a contract (e.g. sending you an offer you request from me), entering into a contract with you and performing the contract – on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR;
- to comply with my legal obligations relating to tax and accounting, in particular: issuing an invoice or other accounting evidence, keeping accounts, settling taxes, archiving data for accounting purposes – on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR in connection with the provisions of tax law and the Accounting Act;
- in order to fulfil legal obligations in connection with the conduct of legal activities, including the exercise of the profession of an attorney-at-law – on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR in connection with the Act on Advocates and other relevant legal provisions relating to the conduct of legal activities;
- to establish, assert and defend claims, which constitutes my legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
Provision of personal data to the extent necessary for me to perform my legal obligations is mandatory and results from relevant legal regulations (in particular tax regulations and the Accounting Act, regulations concerning the performance of legal activities). The provision of personal data for the purpose of concluding a contract is voluntary, but necessary for the conclusion of this contract and its performance.
Personal data shall be stored for the period of performance of the contract and thereafter until the expiry of the statutory obligation to store data (in the case of accounting data – 5 years from the end of the tax year; in the case of data processed in connection with the exercise of the legal profession – 10 years from the end of the year in which the proceedings in which the personal data were collected ended) and until the expiry of the period of limitation of claims.
- Processing of personal data of Contractors (sole traders)
If I enter into a contract with you for the provision of services to me or another contract, I receive personal data directly from you and process it for the following purposes:
- the conclusion of the contract with you and its performance – on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR;
- ongoing contact regarding the provision of services, dealing with any complaints, fraud prevention, maintaining business relationships, which is my legitimate interest under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR;
- fulfilling my legal obligations in the field of tax and accounting, in particular: keeping accounting records, tax settlements, archiving data for accounting purposes – pursuant to Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR in connection with the provisions of tax law and the Accounting Act;
- to establish, assert and defend claims, which is my legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
The provision of personal data to the extent necessary for me to fulfil my legal obligations is mandatory and results from the provisions of tax law and the Accounting Act. The provision of personal data for the conclusion of a contract is voluntary, but necessary for the conclusion of this contract and its performance.
Personal data shall be stored for the period of performance of the contract and thereafter until the statutory obligation to store data ceases (5 years from the end of the fiscal year) and until the expiry of the period of limitation of claims.
- Processing of personal data of Representatives (persons representing clients or contractors)
If my client or contractor (whether an individual, company or other type of entity) is represented by you or you have been appointed by them for ongoing contact in connection with the conclusion and performance of a contract, I receive your personal data from the client or contractor or directly from you.
I then process your identification data (e.g. first names, surnames, name of the entity you represent or with which you cooperate, job title/role title, scope of matters you deal with), data concerning the power of attorney granted (e.g. date of power of attorney, type and scope of power of attorney granted), contact data (e.g. business telephone number, email).
I process your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the purpose of entering into a contract between the contractor or client and me and its performance, in particular to verify your authority to enter into the contract on behalf of the contractor or client and to contact you as the contact person in connection with the performance of the contract – on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, i.e. on the basis of the legitimate interest pursued both by me and my contractor or client, which is to enable us to perform the contract efficiently on an ongoing basis and to enable verification of your authority to enter into the contract on behalf of the contractor or client;
- in order to make tax settlements and keep accounting records – on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, i.e. data processing is necessary for the fulfilment of legal obligations incumbent on me and resulting from universally binding legal regulations, including tax law regulations and accounting regulations;
- in order to establish, assert or defend claims between a contractor or client and me – on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, i.e. the processing is necessary for the purposes arising from my legitimate interests consisting in the possibility of establishing, asserting or defending claims).
If you provide me with your personal data directly, this is voluntary, but necessary for the conclusion and performance of the contract and the establishment of the business relationship. Failure to provide personal data results in the impossibility of concluding and performing the aforementioned contract as well as maintaining the business relationship.
Your personal data shall be processed for the period necessary to realise the purposes indicated above, in particular for the period of performance of the contract concluded with my contractor or customer, and thereafter shall be stored by me until the statute of limitations for claims or until the expiration of the obligation to store data resulting from the provisions of law (e.g. tax law – 5 years from the end of the fiscal year).
- Processing of personal data in social media
I maintain my individual profile on the social network LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/agnieszka-rapcewicz/.
In connection with the maintenance of the above profile, I process your personal data in connection with your observing my profile, posting comments under my posts or contacting me via messages on LinkedIn. I process your personal data in particular to the following extent:
- your user ID (may include your first and last name);
- your identification and other information to the extent published by you on your own profile;
- your profile picture (your image);
- other photos (which may also be of yourself) voluntarily uploaded by you under my posts;
- the content of your comments and the content of your communication with me via the relevant social network;
- statistics on visits to my social media profiles or channels.
Accordingly, I process your personal data in order to
to maintain a profile in social media, under the terms and conditions laid down by the operators of these social networks and to inform through it about activities, services, events that I organise, to share knowledge, as well as to build and maintain communities and to communicate through the available functionalities of social networks (comments, messages, including event registrations), which constitutes my legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
The provision of personal data is voluntary.
Information that is contained in private messages sent to me via LinkedIn will be stored for the duration of the correspondence.
In the case of information held by me as part of comments shared by you, it will be available on my profile until you delete it.
Personal data collected by a given social network, i.e. history of posts, history of activity and sent messages, will be stored according to the terms and conditions of a given social network.
Please note that, in addition to me, the controller of your personal data is the operator of the social network LinkedIn, which you use and through which you visit my profile. You can find information regarding the processing of your personal data by the operator of LinkedIn here:
- Processing of data in connection with sending requests for the exercise of rights under the GDPR
You have certain rights in relation to the processing of your personal data by me (information on these can be found below), and you may therefore address correspondence to me regarding the exercise of these rights. In connection with such correspondence, I process your identification data, contact data, and other data provided by you or any other person who sends me a request on your behalf to exercise your rights under the GDPR. Where the application is not sent directly by you, but by an attorney or legal representative, I process in addition data concerning that attorney or representative, i.e. their identification data, contact data and data concerning the type of empowerment.
I process applicants’ personal data for the following purposes:
- for the purposes of conducting contact and correspondence regarding the submitted application for the exercise of rights under the GDPR – on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the RODO, as the processing of personal data is necessary for the fullfilment of my legal obligation under Article 12(1)-(3) of the GDPR;
- for the archiving of correspondence carried out on the handling of the sent request for the exercise of rights under the GDPR, for the purposes of proof and to demonstrate that I have responded to the sent request in a timely manner, which is my legitimate interest under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
The provision of personal data is necessary in order to fullfil the request made.
The personal data is processed for the duration of the correspondence and will then be archived for evidence purposes until the expiry of the period of limitation of claims.
IV. Recipients of personal data
Your personal data may be disclosed by me to other entities, i.e:
- my contractors, in particular entities providing accounting services (Web Innovative Software Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Wrocław), hosting services (LH.pl Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Poznań), e-mail providers (LH.pl Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Poznań), with whom I have concluded agreements on the entrustment of personal data processing;
- to other law firms with which I cooperate;
- couriers, post offices;
- entities authorized by law;
- in the event that you publish content on your LinkedIn profile, your personal data may also be visible to visitors to my profile.
V. Automated Decision Making
I do not make decisions towards you based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
VI. Transfer of data outside the EEA
In connection with my maintaining a profile on LinkedIn, your personal data is processed through this social networking site, whose servers may be located in the United States or another country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When personal data is transferred outside the EEA, social network operators are required to apply appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. In such cases, you may request a copy of these relevant safeguards. You will find more detailed information in the privacy policies of the individual social networks.
VII. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to my processing of your personal data:
- access to your personal data (Article 15 of the DPA), including obtaining a copy of your data (Article 15(3) of the GDPR),
- to rectify (amend) or complete incomplete personal data (Article 16 GDPR),
- to request the erasure of personal data in cases provided for by law (Article 17 GDPR),
- to request the restriction of the processing of personal data (Article 18 GDPR),
- to receive your data in a structured commonly used format and to have it transferred where processing is carried out by automated means on the basis of your consent or a contract (Article 20 GDPR),
- to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for the purposes of my legitimate interest, on grounds relating to your particular situation (Article 21 GDPR).
Additionally, if you consider that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, i.e. to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection with its registered office in Warsaw. You can find details on how to lodge a complaint on the website of the Office for Personal Data Protection , at: https://uodo.gov.pl/pl/83/155
Cookies are small text files containing information about your activities on the Website and storing it on the device from which you access the Website.
In accordance with applicable law, I may store cookies on your device if this is necessary for the functioning of the Website (these cookies are described below as necessary). For the use of any other types of cookies (in particular analytical and advertising cookies) I need your permission.
I only use strictly necessary cookies on the Website, which do NOT legally require your prior consent, are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, including to perform certain tasks such as, for example, performing the services you have requested through the Website and saving your preferences. These cookies are not deleted once you have finished browsing the Website, but have a limited validity period. The installation of strictly necessary cookies does not require your prior consent: they are automatically installed on your device when you access the Website or make specific choices on the Website.